Wednesday, November 7, 2012

One of these is not like the other...

 Can you spot the odd one out?
Source
 Is any blue just a blue? Not to a nail-aholic like me - see for yourself)))
First up the light (baby) blue - these are 3 coats:
L-R: Essence You Belong To Me, NYC Baby Blue,
FoA Once In A Blue Moon, Maybelline Party Blue
As you can see, they are all very different - no dupes here.

Next I have the medium blue (one coat):
L-R: MaxFactor Candy Blue, Models Prefer Skinny Dip, China Glaze Flyin' High
MP and CG are kind of close, if you can get CG you'd be happy with MP.

These are the blue-green colours (one coat):
L-R: Essence Let's Get Lost , CG Shower Together, Models Prefer Free Style
MP stands out as it is more pigmented, Essence and CG are quite close.

Next, the electric blues (one coat):
L-R: Essence Walk On Air, Misa It's Electric, OPI Dating a Royal
These are all very similar, Misa has a matte finish;
Essence and OPI are pretty much spot on.

And lastly, the bright blues (one coat):
L-R: Portmans Dazzling Blue, FoA Ocen Villa, ulta3 Blue Marlin
Portmans and FOA are close in colour, but the finish is very different. 
ulta3 is in a league of it's own - a clear winner! Very vibrant and glossy!
If you see this elusive beauty - grab it without hesitation for $2 it's a steal)))

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this little comparison!

11 comments:

  1. I love this comparison! Bluetiful! Bahaha oh dear lord I'm cracking terrible Dad jokes and laughing at them :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah!!! too early for Dad jokes - they usually come out at the Christmas table in the crackles ))) I'm glad you liked this comparison post)

      Delete
    2. Yep way too early, what can I say? I have a terrible sense of humor :p

      Delete
  2. Omg THANK YOU for putting You Belong To Me with baby blues and not minty greens. Other bloggers did that and it made me think I was crazy/colourblind haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help! I do have some minty greens to review, but that's for another post LOL

      Delete
  3. If you are looking for a great medium blue check out Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue! I love it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'll check it out next time I go hunting))

      Delete
  4. oh, so many blue polishes... love them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this, should I wear blue, blue or blue! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...